Corresponding Actions to Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus
In view of the present coronavirus situation (COVID-19), Little Habs will be stepping up precautionary measures for our centre in order to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. Please pay attention to the following:
1. Classrooms, play area as well as all teaching materials will be thoroughly disinfected.
2. To minimise the chances of using commonly shared items, our centre will provide individual containers and teaching materials for each child during Messy Time.
3. All toys, materials and facilities pertaining to each classroom will be disinfected thoroughly between each class.
4. Door handles and sinks found in the classrooms will be disinfected before each lesson.
5. In order to maintain a consistent level of hygiene in our centre, Little Habs has acquired a new set of air purifiers which will be respectively placed in each individual classroom and play area.
6. The center will ask for parents to provide their travel history and health status and will recommend the affected child to stay home if deemed necessary.
7. If the parent/ child is travelling back from another country or have met other family members/ relatives/ friends who also travelled back from another country, he/she is required to voluntarily stay at home and be quarantined for 14 days starting from the date of return/contact with said people before he/she could return to class.
8. To prevent the spread of respiratory infectious diseases, parents must help the child take his/her body temperature before coming to class. If the child feels sick or shows any symptoms of fever (body temperature taken from ear or mouth is higher than 99.5 ° F or 37.5 ° C) or respiratory tract infection, he/she should not come for lesson(s) at the centre.
9. All parents and children must wear a protective mask within the premises of our centre. Parents are also recommended to teach their children how to wear a mask properly during the suspension period.
10. Parents and children must wash their hands immediately after entering the classroom, right before class activities start.
11. During class activities, parents and children can sanitise their hands with alcohol gel provided by the center if necessary.
12. In order to lower down the risk of spreading infectious diseases, all parents/ caregivers/ helpers waiting to pick-up and/or drop-off children must also wear a protective mask.
13. In order to comply with social distancing measures and prevent the risk of spreading infectious diseases, we urge parents to refrain from lingering or gathering into small crowds outside of our centre.
14. All staff members are required to wear a mask within the premises of our centre and during class.
15. Parents are requested to prepare at least 2 spare masks for both adult and child for each class. (As there are limited masks available in the centre, please bring your own masks to class. Masks are available for purchase at $5/ each if deemed necessary). Our centre also provides protective hats for children. Please contact our staff to inquire more on the protective hats.
16. Please notify the centre as soon as possible upon any suspicious cases of flu or upper respiratory tract infection.
17. Children with respiratory tract symptoms (such as fever, cough and sore throat) are strongly advised not to attend class. Please refrain from sending your child to the centre until he/she is fully recovered. The centre requires a doctor’s note stating that the child is completely free from infection before he/she could return to class.
18. Please notify the centre as soon as possible if the child cannot attend his/her class.
19. If you have any questions regarding leaves of absence, please refer to our centre’s Terms and Conditions.